Molasses Grilled London Broil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 2-pound London broil, trimmed of excess fat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Whisk together the molasses, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, rosemary, soy sauce and garlic in a 2-cup measuring cup. Pour the marinade into a 1-gallon ziptop bag, add the London broil and turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 hours (or at least 1 hour if time is limited). Remove the steak from the fridge at least 30 minutes before grilling to remove the chill.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan or outdoor grill on medium-high heat. Remove the London broil from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Season the steak well with salt and pepper. Grill on each side for 10 to 12 minutes, a total of 24 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.