Sweet Bacon Chicken
They were fabulous on the grill too. Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken is a sweet, savory, and slightly spicy recipe that is sure to become a hit on your dinner table.
- 4 chicken breasts cut in thirds, about 12 pieces
- 12 bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more to taste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from hipaatraining.net
Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season the chicken with the spices, salt, and black pepper. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece of chicken.
Roll in brown sugar.
Place into an ovenproof dish greased with the olive oil.
Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is brown and crispy.
Delicious served with mashed potatoes with some of the gravy from the chicken drizzled on top.