Cranberry-Orange Crunch Muffins
- 2 cups King Arthur mellow pastry blend or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon orange oil OR 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries, or coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries (for a slightly "tarter" muffin)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, dark or light, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
BATTER: in a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, then toss the cranberries in the mix and stir to coat.
In a separate bowl, or in a large measuring cup, whisk together the egg, oil, milk, orange juice, and orange oil or peel. Gently and thoroughly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Using a muffin or cookie scoop, or 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups, filling them about ¾ full.
TOPPING: combine all of the topping ingredients. Sprinkle a scant 1 tablespoon of topping over the batter in each muffin cup.
Bake the muffins in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes, or until they're nicely domed and a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven, and run a knife around the edge of each one to separate it from the pan. Carefully tilt each muffin in its cup so steam doesn't collect underneath as they cool. After about 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Soup (Cooks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRAZY BANANA/ZUCCHINI BREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemony Tilapia Fish Sticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Recipe: Simple Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUNCH 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Grilled Beer-Can Chickens 0/5 (0 Votes)