Grilled Veggie Pizza
See Homemade Pizza crust recipe for dough
- cups total of some or all of these grilled vegetables:
- 1 homemade pizza crust
- 5.2 oz. Boursin cheese (1 package)
- sliced red onion, red and yellow sweet peppers, zucchini, grilled corn cut from the cob, trimmed asparagus, sliced carrot, and/or cherry tomatoes.
- Fresh Oregano
For a charcoal or gas grill place one homemade pizza crust on a grill rack over medium-low heat. Cover and grill for 1-2 minutes or until dough is puffed in some places and starts to become firm (If crust is frozen grill for 2-3 minutes).
Using tongs, carefully turn crust over and grill for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned; place on a cutting board.
3. Spread crust with 5.2 oz. Boursin cheese (1 package) and top with 2 cups total or some or all of the above veggies.
4. Top with snipped fresh oregano.
Corn on cob: Place corn with husks and silks intact in a bowl or pan. Cover with water. Soak for 1 hour, drain. Remove husks and silk. 20-25 minutes.
Red Onion: Peel and cut into 1/2" crosswise slices. 8-10 minutes.
Red and yellow sweet pepper: Remove stems. Halve peppers lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes. Cut into 1" wide strips. 8-10 minutes.
Asparagus: Snap off and discard tough bases of stems. 5-7 minutes.
Carrots: Peel and slice lengthwise; blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. 5-7 minutes.
Cherry Tomatoes: Wash; remove stems. Skewer if desired. 3-4 minutes.
Zucchini: Wash, cut off ends. Slice lengthwise. 4-5 minutes.