Quick Minestrone Soup
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 of 15 1/2 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup macaroni
- 1 1/2 tsp. instant beef granules
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of zucchini (optional)
- 3 cups of water
- Grated Parmesan cheese as garnish
1. Microwave vegetables (onion, carrots, and celery) until tender.
2. Cook bacon to desired crispness.
3. Place vegetables and bacon in 4-6 qt. Dutch oven pan. Add garlic, spaghetti sauce, kidney beans, macaroni, beef granules, and black pepper.
4. Add water and stir.
5. Bring to a boil and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add zucchini and cook and additional 5-8 minutes more. Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.