Homemade Chicken Rice-A-Roni
- 1 cup raw angel hair pasta broken into 1/2 inch long pieces
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powered
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken bouillon cube
Adapted from bigbearswife.com
In medium skillet saute broken pasta pieces in butter, stirring constantly, until the pasta begins to brown.
Add rice, stirring until the rice is well coated with the butter and the pasta browns a little more.
Carefully pour in broth and water. Stir.
Add in the spices and bouillon cubes. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Should take about 20-25 minutes