Pineapple Chicken Skillet with Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (20-oz) can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (14-oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, I used 1/2 red, 1/2 orange
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- scallions and sesame seeds to garnish, optional
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, cut chicken into thin strips. Add oil to skillet and then chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, then flip chicken and cook chicken until done, approximately 5 minutes total.
In the mean time, combine pineapple chunks and juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside until chicken is cooked. Slice peppers into strips.
Once chicken is cooked. Add pineapple mixture to pan and turn to high heat. Allow mixture to boil for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and peppers, stir to combine. Cook until crisp tender and using a slotted spoon transfer chicken, vegetables and pineapple to a serving bowl.
Combine corn starch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl, pour into skillet. Whisk to combine and cook until thickens to syrup-like consistency. Before serving pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Optional garnish: sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame seeds over top. Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Brussel Sprout Salad with Dijon... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Blueberry Grunt 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- No-Bake Cherry Crisp 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Mini Chicken Ball Salad... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut French Toast with Grilled... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheesy Brown Rice, Broccoli and... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli Cornbread Muffins 4.7/5 (9 Votes)