Great dish, quick, easy and soooooo good!
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1 C chopped green pepper
- 1 TBL butter
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz)sliced black olives
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can(4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces - drained (optional)
- 1 lb ground meat browned and drained (I use beef)
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1 box spaghetti cooked according to box directions
In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms (if used), olives and oregano.
Add ground meat, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Place half of the cooked spaghetti in a greased 13X9 glass baking dish.
Top with half of the meat and vegetable mixture, sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
Add remaining cooked spaghetti, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Mix the mushroom soup and water until smooth.
Pour and spread over the pasta to cover the entire top layer.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake uncoered at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes or until heated through.