Avocado Black Bean Salad
- 4 cups homemade black beans or 2 cans (15 oz each ~ drained and rinsed)
- The juice of one lime
- 1 cup corn ~ either frozen (and defrosted) or canned
- 1/2 cup cilantro ~ chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 ripe avocado ~ chopped into small pieces
- A few cherry tomatoes ~ halved
- 2 tablespoons green onions ~ diced
1. In a large bowl, combine the beans with the lime juice and olive oil. Toss to coat
2. Add the spices and toss to coat.
3. Add the cilantro, corn and green onions. Mix to combine.
4. Add the avocado and tomatoes. Mix to combine.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 4 to 6 people.