Quick Thai Chicken
- Serves 4
- 2 free-range boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- 150 ml (5fl oz) tinned coconut milk
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon Thai fish sauce
- 4 heaped tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) shreds, including the green part
- YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- A frying pan with a diameter of 25.5cm (10 inches), or a wok
First of all, chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl with the lime juice and zest. Stir well and leave them to marinate for an hour.
When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat the oil in the pan or wok over a high heat, add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until they’re golden.
Then add the chilli, stir-fry for 1 more minute, and add the coconut milk, fish sauce and half the coriander and spring onions. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then serve with Thai fragrant rice and the remaining coriander and spring onions sprinkled over.