Chicken Lombardy is made with flattened chicken breasts that are pan fried, then covered in a delicious mushroom sauce and sprinkled with grated cheese and baked.
- 8 ounce package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/8 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Dredge chicken pieces in flour. Cook chicken in batches, in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, overlapping edges. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserving pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly over chicken.
Add wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.
Bake uncovered, at 450F for 12 to 14 minutes until cheese melts.
You'll also love
- Lisa's King's Hawaiian Roll... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta with... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Chocolate Magic Mousse Pie 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Healthy Pizza Panini 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- DIRTY P'S GARLIC-GINGER CHICKEN... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Fajita Pasta 4.6/5 (14 Votes)