Potato Shallot Kugel with Thyme
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 shallots, peeled and diced fine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 1/2 cup russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Drain potatoes in a colander for 10 minutes, pressing out any liquid.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl, then add shallots,potato, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Coat an oven safe skillet lightly with olive oil, including the sides. Pour in the batter. Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes. Brush the top lightly with olive oil, if desired, and bake 15 to 30 minutes more until golden on top.