Skillet Gnocchi With Chard and White Beans
Fat 7 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Carbohydrates 56 g
Dietary fiber 6 g
Protein 14 g
Sodium 587 mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves, or spinach (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer.
5. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Hamburger Cabbage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- salmon alfredo with capers & chives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Pawtucket Chick Pea &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunflower 'N Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chipotle Cannellini Beans... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon & Edamame Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)