Crock Pot Pork Shoulder with Apple Gravy
Great for the fall!
- 1 Pork Shoulder, Bone In (1.5-2.5 lbs)
- 6-8 Small Apples
- 3 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Pie Seasoning
- 3.5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Flower
Slice apples into 5 or 6 pieces each. Put ½ of the apples into the crock pot, just to cover the bottom. Add ½ of the brown sugar. Put the pork shoulder on top. Add the remaining apples and brown sugar. Pour in the water and sprinkle salt over the top. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Take out the pork and the bones, and put on a separate plate (discard the bones). Pour the remaining apples and sauce into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat. Add flower, apple pie seasoning and salt to taste. Simmer until desired thickness.
Pull apart pork and pour apple gravy over the top. Mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus make good sides for this dish.
You'll also love
- VELVEETA Down-Home Macaroni &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse's Shrimp On The... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Scallopini with Brown Butter... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- III Forks Cream Corn 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Cranberry Fluff 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Honey mustard glazed corned beef... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Cranberry & Apple Cake (Ina... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)