Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
First tried 9/13/2015. Easy and very good.
Seemed a little spicy, maybe use less garlic next time. Also could use more zucchini noodles as they shrink when cooked--try doubling. On mandoline use 1/8 inch thick on julienne slicer.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles (try using more)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from justataste.com
Place a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chorizo stuffed Jalapeno with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Peach Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fig-Jalapeno Jam 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Green Bean Dumpling Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad-Evelyn Athens 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Corn Bread (Cooks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ST. LOUIS PASTA HOUSE SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Camarones Enchilado - Cuban Style... 0/5 (0 Votes)