Roasted Pesto Melt
- 2 hearty pieces of bread / 1/3 of a baguette
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Garlic
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
1. Pre-heat oven to 375f
2. Generously Spread pesto on two slices of hearty, thick bakery style bread or a baguette.
3. Slice one big juicy tomato with a sharp knife into thick slices. Place two of the tomato slices on each piece of bread.
4. Sprinkle dried basil, dried garlic, sea salt and pepper on top of the tomatoes and drizzle with Olive Oil.
5. Put in oven for 10 minutes, when the bread starts to crisp up and tomatoes are visibly roasting [darkening up a bit]
6. Turn the heat up on the stove to broil for an additional 3 - 5 minutes until the tops of the tomatoes and the sides of the bread start to darken considerably.
7. Take out of the oven. Serve with a side salad.