Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
- CUMBERLAND SAUCE:
- 1 leg of lamb boned
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry Vermouth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, sliced
- 1 onion peeled, and cut into eighths
- 1 dozen peppercorns
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon save the rind
- Juice of 1 orange save the rind
Mix all the ingredients except the lamb in a large bowl. Trim most of the fat from the lamb and marinate in the mixture for at least 4 hours. Turn the meat often.
Barbecue over hot coals for 45 minutes or until pink. Slice and serve with Cumberland Sauce.
Cumberland Sauce: Slice and chop rinds of the orange and lemon. Boil with 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes. Strain and discard rind. Add remaining ingredients and boil for 4 minutes. Cool. Serve in a sauce dish.
This recipe yields ?? servings.