Endive, Gorgonzola or goat cheese and Roast Pear
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 1 T. butter
- 3 tbs. honey
- 3-4 heads endive
- 1 package crumbled gorgonzola (8-12 oz.)- Can sub goat cheese
- 2-3 T.. cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or other nuts)
- Chives (optional)
Chop the pears and heat a skillet with about a tablespoon of butter. Add the pears and coat with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and/or honey and transfer to a baking tray so that the pears are just overlapping - not layered more than 3 layers of pear. Bake at 375 - 400. Check on them every 15 minutes or so. You may need to drain some liquid if they release a lot of liquid in the pan. (And you can reserve the liquid for something yummy!). Do give them a stir around at this point. Bake until brown and bubbly. Lovely!
For the filling, simply put the crumbled gorgonzola into a bowl, and mix with some cream (or milk, or half and half) to make it more “buttery”. Add chopped nuts and you’re done! A sprinkling of chive, or pomegranate seeds, or chopped dried cranberries is so nice.
To serve, place alternating-colored endive leaves on a platter. Top with gorgonzola butter, pecan pieces and finally, a roasted pear.
You'll also love
- Polenta Slices with Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crumb-Topped Baked Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- German-Style Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom & Spinach Rotolo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Speedy Pear Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)