Potato Salad from Christy Jordan's Southern Plate
- 32 oz. cubed frozen hash browns
- 4 eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 heaping t mustard
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
Adapted from southernplate.com
1. Place hash browns in large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash all of this up a bit with a potato masher, but leave lumpy.
3. Place chopped sweet pickles and chopped onion into a blender, chopper, or small smoothie blender and pulse a few times until very fine, almost like a relish.
4. Place mayo, pickle juice, mustard, finely minced pickles and onions, salt and pepper in bowl with potatoes. Stir until well mixed. Stir in chopped eggs until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate several hours or until cold. Enjoy!