Coconut Pecan Cranberry Pralines
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rough chopped pecans (you want bigger pieces)
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut (sweetened or regular)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- If you like more cranberries add 1/2 cup more and reduce your coconut by 1/2 cup or reduce your pecans by 1/2 cup,(Here in Texas that is a sacrilege though.)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Mix all ingredients except coconut, vanilla, pecans and cranberries in a large saucepan on medium to medium high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Bring to a rolling boil, stir occasionally and boil until it reaches 232 degrees.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, then stir in the coconut, pecans, and dried cranberries. You have to work quickly, it sets up fast.
Drop by spoonful onto buttered/sprayed parchment paper and let harden.
Store pralines in an airtight container.