Sausage and Feta stuffed Portobello mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, caps removed
- 3 links of al fresca sweet italian chicken sausage, uncased and browned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 cup diced vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs,
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, fat-free
Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
While sausage is cooking, place mushrooms gill (open side) up on a cookie sheet. Brush mushrooms with olive oil and evenly drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
Cook mushrooms 10 minutes. Drain excess liquid from mushrooms.
In the meantime, in a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked sausage, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt to taste, tomatoes, bread crumbs, basil and feta cheese.
Remove mushrooms from oven and evenly divide sausage feta mixture, approximately 1/2 cup, into each mushroom. Bake 12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Eat immediately or allow to cool slightly.
You'll also love
- Pleasantly Plastered Peach... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- APPETIZER - Creamed Salmon on Toast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Smoked Char Siu Pork Shoulder... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mexican Pork Discada 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Fried Pork Chops with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Potato Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- STRIPED BASS WITH MUSHROOM RISOTTO 5/5 (1 Votes)