Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Great for Thanksgiving Leftovers
- 8 slices bread (potato bread, challah, or any other soft bread)
- 1 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 8 slices cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
Lay the 4 slices of the bread out on a cutting board.On each slice, place 2 tablespoons of the fontina, followed by 2 slices of the turkey, and 2 tablespoons of the cranberry sauce.
Equally divide the arugula leaves and place on next layer.Top with the remaining fontina and remaining bread slices.Press down ﬁrmly on sandwiches to seal in the ﬁlling.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and nutmeg.In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter.Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture coating both sides.
When butter is melted in skillet, add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown. Flip sandwich and repeat with other side, adding more butter if necessary.Remove from pan, drain on paper towels, and let sit for a few minutes.Cut in halves and serve.
You'll also love
- Bacon Potato Chowder 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Glazed Pork Belly with Ginger... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Easy (but Delicious!) Strawberry... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken, Pomegranate & Cashew... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Turkey Florentine Stuffed Cabbage... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Chili 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Honey Sweetened Orange Cranberry... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)