Limoncello Bread Pudding
A lemony twist on a comfort-food favorite.
- 1 (16-oz) loaf day-old Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Limoncello Simple Syrup
- Garnish: fresh mint springs
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, F. Arrange bread cubes in a lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients; pour over bread. Cover with aluminum foil; let stand 20 minutes.
3. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes or until set and golden. Serve warm or chilled. Top with ice cream; drizzle with Limoncello Simple Syrup. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Limoncello Simple Syrup
1/2 cup limoncello or fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar