Iceberg Wedge with Warm Bacon and Blue Cheese Dressing Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/
The classic combo is back — and bacon makes it better than ever.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled blue cheese
- Buttermilk (optional)
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges, each with some core attached
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add blue cheese and stir until well blended. If too thick, thin with buttermilk by tablespoonfuls to desired consistency. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and beginning to crisp. Arrange lettuce on plates. Spoon dressing over. Using slotted spoon, transfer warm bacon from skillet onto salads, dividing equally. Garnish with red onion.