Spinach Quiche Cups
A delicious appetizer or lunch, these spinach quiche cups are sure to be a hit. A muffin pan provides individual servings - easy to go for seconds!
- A little olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby-bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 to 5 eggs
- 1 cup cheese of your choice, shredded
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Extra cheese for garnish, if desired.
- Substitute asparagus or bell peppers for mushrooms.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat a little oil in a large skillet. Sauté the mushrooms until they are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
Place the spinach in a deep pan or in the skillet that you used for the mushrooms. Add water. Using medium heat, cook the spinach just until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Use either your hand or a spatula to pack in the spinach. Drain the excess water really well.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach, cheese and cream to the eggs. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups.
Bake 20-23 minutes, or until well set and a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave in the pan for a few minutes or just until it's cool enough to handle. It was so easy to remove them from the pan! They practically pop-out!
Sprinkle with a little more cheese on top, if desired.
You'll also love
- Salmon Oscar 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Cauliflower Casserole 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Roasted Okra 3.9/5 (151 Votes)
- Cajun Spinach Stuffed Chicken... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Classic Pecan Pie 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Queso Spinach Bacon Dip 4.4/5 (55 Votes)