Walnut Butter Cookies
- 1 pound butter
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8-12 ounces finely chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first six ingredients in large bowl. Mix well. Add more flour if dough is sticky and not able to be handled.
2. Add chopped walnuts to dough, mixing well. Form into balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place on buttered cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool for a few minutes. Dust with powdered sugar while still a little warm.