Hearty Breakfast Casserole
Yummy egg/hasbrown casserole
- - Nonstick cooking spray*
- 3 - 3 cups frozen shrededed hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 - 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 4 - 4 ounces lean diced cooked ham (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 - 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 - 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 - 4 large eggs (organic preferred)
- 1 - 1 12-ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/8 - 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, red pepper and green onions.
In a bowl combine eggs, milk and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes until 165 degrees F (use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Casserole for 12:
Prepare as above, except double all ingredients and use a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes until 165 degrees F (use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.