- 3 ounces achiote oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 large yuca peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 russet potato diced
- 1/2 malanga
- 1/2 cup diced buniato
- 1/2 cup diced green plantain
- 1 ear corn cut 1/2" thick wheels
- 2 cups diced wild mushrooms - (shiitake, cremini, oyster)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic for 5 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
Add yuca, pumpkin, potatoes, malanga, boniato, plantains, corn and vegetable stock. Cook for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Check seasoning. Adjust if necessary.
To finish the dish, add mushrooms and parsley and cook for 2 minutes and serve.
This recipe yields ?? servings.