Fettuccine with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 1 pound thin asparagus, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced (6 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. Pour enough boiling water over dried tomatoes to cover. Let stand 10 minutes; drain. Chop tomatoes.
2. Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
3. While fettuccine is cooking, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, parsley and basil in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are heated.
4. Beat cornstarch, salt and pepper into wine and broth in small bowl with wire whisk; stir into vegetable mixture. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.