Mexican Corn Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn, cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup Old El Paso® fat free refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Fat-free sour cream, if desired
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. Heat nonstick griddle to 375°F or heat skillet over medium heat; grease with shortening if necessary. In large bowl, stir Bisquick® mix, cornmeal, milk and egg whites until blended. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden.
2. In small bowl, mix salsa, corn and olives. Place 1 corn cake on each of 6 microwavable serving plates; spread each cake with generous 2 tablespoons beans. Top each with additional corn cake. Spread 1/3 cup salsa mixture over top of each cake stack. Sprinkle each serving with generous 1 tablespoon cheese.
3. Microwave each serving uncovered on High about 1 minute or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream if desired.