Thai Tofu Pizza with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- FOR THE SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1-1/2teaspoons1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2tablespoons1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- FOR THE THAI TOFU PIZZA:
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8ounces8 ounces firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 11 prepared whole wheat pizza crust
- 1medium1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1medium1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2/3cup2/3 cup chopped pineapple
- 22 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Adapted from foxeslovelemons.com
1. Prepare Spicy Peanut Sauce: In small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, sambal oelek and soy sauce. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated.
2. Make Pizza: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet. Sprinkle tofu with curry powder, then add to skillet. Cook tofu 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown; turning once with a spatula halfway through cooking.
3. Place pizza crust on baking pan and spread with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Divide carrot, tomato, pineapple and tofu over sauce. Transfer to oven; bake 10 minutes or until bottom of crust is golden brown.
4. Remove pizza from oven; sprinkle with onions, bean sprouts, cilantro and mint. Squeeze lime juice over pizza, cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.