Butternut squash& roasted garlic ravioli with sage butter and Parmesan
Roasted butternut squash ravioli with a great nutty brown butter sauce.
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- A handful of sage leaves, chopped
- 12 sage leaves, whole
- 1/2 a stick of butter
- A handful of pine nuts, toasted
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Toss the squash with the garlic in a bowl with olive oil and salt and roast at 400 for about 30 minutes until soft. Remove from the oven and mash well or mix in a food processor to combine - you may need a bit of olive oil to help along! Add parmesan and chopped sage, season with salt and pepper. Use this filling to make the ravioli.
To make the sage butter, place the sage leaves in the butter on low heat until infused. If you want to be extra fancy, remove the sage leaves and fry those separately (after infusing) in a little bit more butter or olive oil until crisp. Add the sage leaves to the pasta as a garnish when you serve it – they are tasty!
Boil the ravioli in plenty of salted water until just done. This will only take a short time! The ravioli will float on the surface of the water when they are finished. Carefully remove and drain. Serve with sage butter and a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts. Also offer grate Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Hamburger Cabbage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- salmon alfredo with capers & chives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunflower 'N Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vermont Maple-Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie WW 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon & Edamame Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)