White Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
Skip the standard cream cheese frosting and make this homemade white chocolate frosting to top your pumpkin cupcakes!
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling; about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat the oven to 350°F. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to aerate and break up any lumps; set aside.
Place the sugar and measured oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Return the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, about 1 1/2 minutes total mixing time. Reduce the speed to medium low, add the pumpkin, and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Turn the mixer to low speed, slowly add the flour mixture, and beat until almost incorporated, about 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in any unincorporated flour at the edges with a rubber spatula, making sure to scrape to the bottom of the bowl.
Fill the muffin tins three-quarters of the way. Place the muffin pans side by side in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Rotate the pans front to back and side to side and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, about 10 minutes more.
Place the pans on wire racks and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pans and cool completely on the racks.
Melt chips in microwave at 50% power for about one minute. Mix, making sure that all chips are melted.
Melt butter in microwave. Add cream cheese and butter in mixer and mix until smooth. Add white chocolate to this. Mixing until smooth. Add in powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
Frosting your cupcakes. I used a large round and large star tips.
You'll also love
- Crustless Cheesy Bacon and Egg... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Pecan Crisp 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Peach Crumble Bars 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Balsamic Oven Roasted Green Beans 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Halloween Candy Bark 4.5/5 (15 Votes)