Microwave Caramel Popcorn
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Put popcorn into a brown grocery bag.
2. Put all ingredients except baking soda into a microwave safe bowl. Micro on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
3. Add baking soda and stir. Pour over popcorn in bag. Shake well to coat. Put bag into microwave and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Remove bag and shake well again. Micro on high 1 1/2 more minutes.
5. Pour caramel corn into large bowl and stir as it cools to keep it from sticking together.