One Pan Roasted Lemon Pepper Salmon and Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, skin on*
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh cracked black pepper, plus more for asparagus
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs asparagus (medium or thin spears), tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed 17 by 12-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Place salmon in center of pan (or see note below). In a mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, dijon, onion powder. Brush evenly over top of salmon then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (add more pepper to taste if desired). Top with lemon slices.
Toss asparagus with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, remaining 2 cloves garlic and season with salt, then place around salmon. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven, toss asparagus then sprinkle asparagus with parmesan. Return to oven and bake until salmon has cooked through, about 5 - 10 minutes longer. Cut salmon into portions. Serve warm.
*If fillet is wide, you can cut into 2 - 4 portions and place them near upper portion of the baking dish, then place asparagus on lower portion of baking dish.