Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Parmesan
These are excellent and everyone loves them. They have been served at every graduation party so far! Simple and easy to make. You can made them ahead of time and freeze until ready to use.
Recipe from Diane Phillips, "Perfect Party Food"
- 12 strips bacon, cut in half
- 24 pitted dates
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cut into very small cubes
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it has rendered some fat and begins to turn translucent; don't let it brown at all. Remove from the pan and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
Make a slit in each date and stuff with a small piece of cheese. Wrap the date in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place the wrapped dates in a baking dish.
*At this point, you can cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours or freeze for 1 month, defrost before proceeding.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the dates until the bacon is crisp, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven, drain the dates of paper towels, and set on a platter for serving.
You'll also love
- Leek and Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Meatball Spinach Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- German Apple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Port... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Medallions in Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seasoned Corn with Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)