Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Port Reduction and Blue Cheese
Calories:282 (33% from fat)
Fat:10.2g (sat 4.1g,mono 3.8g,poly 0.4g)
- 4 (4-ounce) filet mignon steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup port or other sweet red wine
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; coat steaks with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.
2. Add port, cranberry sauce, broth, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat, and cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 4 minutes). Serve steaks with sauce; top with cheese.