Sous vide Apple Cider Pork Chops
- Serves 4
- Time 12 hours
- 4 extra thick pork chops
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- For the sauce:
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) hard apple cider
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) whole grain mustard
1. Preheat SousVide Supreme to desired serving temperature 131F/55C.
2. Lightly salt and pepper the pork chops and seal each individually in cooking pouches along with 2 thyme sprigs and 1 tbsp butter.
3. Cook at 131F/55C for 12 hours.
4. Remove the sous vide pork chops from their pouches, reserving the liquid. Quickly sear the pork chops on both sides in a pan over high heat, or on a grill. While the chops are searing finish the sauce.
6. Add 1 tablespoon (15ml) of butter and the apples to a pan over medium-high heat.
7. Cook the apples until the juices begin to brown and the apples are beginning to soften.
8. Add the garlic, sugar, apple cider, cider vinegar, mustard and half of the reserved liquid to the apple mixture. Simmer.
9. Spoon the sauce over the seared chops and serve.