Tuna With Fennel-Pepper Crust And Ginger Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 6 fresh tuna steaks - (6 oz ea)
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger root
- 8 black peppercorns
- 10 tablespoons cold butter cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger
Grind the fennel, coriander and peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder until fine.
Dip tuna in the spice mixture, coating both sides lightly. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet until hot. Saute tuna over medium heat to desired degree of doneness.
To make the Ginger Beurre Blanc Sauce, combine the shallots, vinegars, wine, ginger root and peppercorns in a small pan and reduce over medium heat to 3 tablespoons.
Strain the reduction into a clean pan, pressing hard on the solids to extract the liquid. Over low heat add one tablespoon of butter and whisk constantly until melted. Add another piece and continue in this manner until you've used all the butter. Don't let the sauce get too hot or it will liquefy.
Add julienned pickled ginger and season to taste. Top the tuna with some of the sauce and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Tenderloin Of Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Teal Lake Walleye Pike 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swordfish Gratinee 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Pecan Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shoe Peg Corn Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shannon's Grilled Cajun Tuna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Riverfront Twice Baked Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)