Roasted Mushroom Flatbread Pizzas with Lemony Garlic Sauce
- Lemony Garlic sauce:
- 22 baked soft flatbreads – about 26cm/10 inches diameter, or thereabouts *
- 400g400g (just under 1 lb) mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped or broken up
- 1tbsp1 tbsp (+) olive oil OR oil spray
- 1 1/2tbsp1 1/2 tbsp za’atar spice mix (but Steenbergs and Moon Valley are great UK brands) OR 1 tsp lemon juice (to sub for sumac)
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinchpinch salt
- 2tsp2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- Chives or other herbs, such as oregano, to decorate
- 6-86-8 fat cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp salt
- 80ml80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 small lemon (about 3 tbsp)
Adapted from kelliesfoodtoglow.com
1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
2. Mix the oil with the za’atar and toss into the chopped mushrooms. Or spray the mushrooms with oil spray and toss through the za’atar. Pour the mushrooms onto two baking trays and roast for 10 minutes.
3. While the mushrooms are roasting, gather the sauce ingredients and blend them until smooth in a mini food processor, or use a hand blender.
4. Take the flatbreads and cut them into even slices, pizza-style. Once the mushrooms are cooked and hopefully still quite juicy, divide them among the slices, drizzle a little oil on the outer edges of the flatbread and pop the pizzas back into the oven for another 3-4 minutes, or until the bread is slightly toasted and ‘pick-upable’.
Serve with scattered herbs, salad and a jug of the lemony garlic sauce.
*Arabic style preferred but any soft flatbreads will do – tortillas will be too thin. Of course a recipe of homemade flatbread or pizza base would be perfect, in which case place cooked mushrooms (pre-roasted for five minutes) on the dough and bake as indicated with your flatbread/pizza recipe.
You'll also love
- Tomato Tonnato 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Orzo with Chicken 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Saffron Risotto Stuffed Peppers... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Boston Lettuce Stacks with Grilled... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Nectarine Tart 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Quinoa Mexi-Lime Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Ginger and Pink Grapefruit... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Beef, Mushroom and Asparagus Bake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)