Beef Enchilada Skillet
A big, hearty, tasty dinner all in one skillet? We're on it. Ground beef, onion, garlic, beans, enchilada sauce, seasonings, and pasta come together to make it happen.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can red or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces pasta
- 4 ounces Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
Brown ground beef in a 10-inch skillet. Drain the beef and add in the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic, taco seasoning, chili powder, salsa, enchilada sauce, whipping cream and 1 cup broth.
Stir well and add the pasta, again stir and then add in the beans. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, covered for 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked. You will need to add more broth as you go and the pasta absorbs the liquid.
Once the pasta is done, top with the cheese, cover and remove from heat. Allow the cheese to melt and top with the sliced green onion.