Parmesan Crisps with Lemon Chive Dip
- Parmesan Crisps:
- 4 oz Parmesan, cut into 1" chunks
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- kosher or sea salt
- Finely shredded lemon peel
- Lemon-Chive Dip:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3/4 cup finely snipped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Lemon peel and or fresh chives for garnish
For Dip: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in ricotta cheese and sour cream just until combined. Stir in chives, shredded lemon peel, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 4-24 hours. Sprinkle with lemon peel and chives to garnish and serve with crisps and veggies.
For Crisps: Put 2 of the chunks of cheese in food processor fitted with chopping blade. Cover; process until cheese is almost ground. Drop remaining cheese chunks, a few at a time, until all cheese is almost ground. Add flour, cold butter, 1 1/2 tsp lemon peel and the pepper to food processor. With the machine running, add water through feed tube; process until mixture just comes together. Shape into a ball.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Flatten cheese mixture on a sheet of parchment paper. Top with parchment. Use a rolling pin to roll out into a 12" square. Remove top sheet of parchment. Invert dough onto baking sheet; remove second parchment. Using fluted pastry wheel, pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut 2x1 1/2" rectangles. Carefully separate dough using spatula to lift; arrange on baking sheet 1" apart. Using fork, prick dough. Sprinkle with salt and additional lemon peel.
Bake for 10-12 min or until golden brown; cool on baking sheet.