Spaghetti with Tomatoes & Shrimp
Cheap meals under $3
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat or 50 percent whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-1/2-ounce cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes with juice, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped fresh basil (option
n a medium saucepan cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp mixture to a bowl and set aside.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, capers, and red pepper flakes to the large pan. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Return the shrimp mixture to the pan and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)