- 4 cups fresh or frozen berries.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 slices of white sandwich bread torn into quarters
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle and heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Ross fruit with sugar and salt in a medium bowl and transfer to a 9 inch glass or ceramic pie pan.
3. Pulse bread, butter and sugar and cinnamon in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about ten 1 second pulses. Sprinkle crumbs over fruit and bake until crumbs are deep golden brown and fruit is hot, 15-20 minutes. Coll for 5 minutes and serve.