These golden, deep-fried Guacamole Poppers are sure to be a big hit on your appetizer spread! Rich and creamy, then deep-fried, these guacamole poppers are the perfect bite-sized appetizer to share with all of your family and friends. Perfect for any party, these poppers make the best gameday celebratory treats or appetizers are your next summer picnic or BBQ.
- 8 Hass avocados
- 4 tablespoons onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (1-ounce) packet guacamole seasoning, about 2 tablespoons
- 20 to 25 corn tortillas
- oil for deep-frying
- salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Rinse avocados. Cut in half lengthwise. Remove pit. Spoon avocado into large bowl.
Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes and guacamole seasoning mix and mash well. Cover surface of guacamole with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
Meanwhile, tear tortillas into small pieces and process in food processor to crumbs. Remove guacamole from refrigerator. Stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons tortilla crumbs (enough to thicken). Place remaining tortilla crumbs on deep plate. Portion rounded teaspoons of guacamole mixture and gently roll in tortilla crumbs.
Fry poppers in fryer at 350°F until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on racks or paper towels. Sprinkle with salt.
You'll also love
- Lemon Pie Bars 4.8/5 (34 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Cake Bites 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Tacos al Pastor 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Brazilian Skirt Steak with Golden... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Stuffed with... 4.2/5 (93 Votes)
- Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Pasta Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (50 Votes)
- Potato Chip Bark 4.6/5 (49 Votes)