Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 med beets, cooked and quartered
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
Line a baking sheet with foil, Preheat the oven to 450.
Whisk the vinegar, shallots, and honey in a med bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss the beets in a small bowl with enough dressing to coat. Place the beets on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the beets are slightly caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 12 mins. Set aside and cool.
Toss the arugula, walnuts, sand cranberries in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper. Mound the salad atop 4 plates. Arrange the beets around the salad. Sprinkle with the avocado and gat cheese, and serve