Pumpkin Curry Recipe
- 1 pound pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 7 ounces freshly grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 small red chiles, split in half lengthwise
Put the pumpkin or butternut squash in a saucepan with the turmeric, smoked paprika, and the water. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
Grind half of the coconut in a spice mill or a mortar and pestle with the cumin seeds. Stir this into the pumpkin mixture and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a small, nonstick frying pan, heat the oil until hot and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red chiles. Stir and cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes, then pour this mixture over the pumpkin curry. Season and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)