- TROPICAL RICE:
- 1 bag boil in bag white rice
- 1/4 cup dried tropical fruit mix
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- SALMON AND CHIVE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives chopped
- 1 skinless salmon fillet - (12 oz) cut crosswise into
- ten (1/2" thick) slices
- Fresh dill (optional)
Tropical Rice: Prepare rice according to package instructions, adding dried fruit halfway through the cooking time. Remove rice from heat. Stir in fruit mixture and nuts. Transfer rice to serving bowl.
Salmon and Chive Sauce: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix tartar sauce, sour cream, lime juice, mustard, and chives. Cover chive sauce and refrigerate.
Preheat broiler. Divide salmon slices between 2 broiler-proof glass or ceramic plates, covering half of each of the plates. Place plates under broiler and cook until salmon is pale pink and flaky, watching salmon carefully so it does not overcook, about 1 minute. Using potholders, carefully remove hot plates. Spoon chive sauce on top of salmon and serve with rice. Garnish with fresh dill.
This recipe yields 2 servings.