- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
- 24 bread slices (white, rye, whole grain, pumpernickel, or a combination)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 cooked chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced thin rounds
- 1/4 cantaloupe peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly-sliced prosciutto
- Three -inch round cookie cutter
Using a round cookie cutter, cut out the center of the bread, removing the crusts.
Guacamole Chicken Tea Sandwiches: Take a piece of the bread and, using a butter knife, spread 1 side of it with guacamole. Spread 1 side of another piece of bread with mayonnaise. Top guacamole with chicken and then the mayonnaise-smeared bread.
Chive Cream Cheese and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches: Mix chives into the softened cream cheese. Spread 1 side of 1 slice of bread with the chive cream cheese. Top with a few slices of cucumber and then with another slice of bread.
Prosciutto Melon Tea Sandwiches: Place prosciutto on 1 slice of bread. Top with some melon and another slice of bread.
This recipe yields 12 sandwiches, 4 of each type.