This recipe is from the Cooking Channel show, Extra Virgin. Just like traditional Gazpacho, it is served cold. It is cool and refreshing and surprisingly, very hearty and filling.
- 8 oz seedless green grapes
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 English Cucumbers, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sm fresh parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 lg avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (best quality)
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar (best quality)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
Combine grapes, scallions, cucumber, garlic, parsley and avocado in food processor or large blender, and pulse to combine. Add olive oil and vinegar, and pulse again until blended. Add ice water and pulse again (add water to desired consistency).
Season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled, topped with the almonds. You can also serve crostini on the side, if desired.
This dish can be made 24 hours in advance, stored in the refrigerator.